If you need to make a claim on your March Plus Personal Jewellery insurance policy, we want the process to be as quick and easy as possible. An accurate valuation is priceless because it means we’ll already have all the information we need to be able to arrange for the replacement of your treasured item, usually with your chosen jeweller, very quickly. This is particularly important with bespoke designer pieces and it makes the whole process a lot easier.
We have used this short animation to explain in a fun way, the reasons why a valuation is so important when it comes to insuring valuable personal jewellery and watches.
I've got my valuation, but where do I send it?
You can send your valuation to us by Post, Fax or email; whichever is easiest for you.
Here's our details:
T H March & Co limited
Hare Park House
Yelverton Business Park
Fax: 01822 855 566
Please ensure you remember to quote your policy or reference number on any correspondence you send us, so that we can amend our records accordingly.
Important points to note regarding our valuation requirement:
- We will need a UK jewellery/watch valuation, not more than 3 years old, from a jeweller or valuer for each item valued at £1,000 or over, within 30 days from the date your cover started.
- Watch valuations must include the make, model and serial number.
- All valuations must show the name and address of the jeweller and the name of the owner or wearer of the item(s).
- Until the valuation is received by us, proving the value of the item will be up to you and, in the event of a loss you will be asked to provide supporting documentation to confirm the value.
- Once received, the value will be admitted on your policy so there will be no debate about the value of the item(s).
- If the valuation is not received within 30 days then cover will cease on the item(s) involved and either a pro-rata premium or the minimum premium of £50 plus
- Insurance Premium Tax will be charged, whichever is the greater. If you are likely to miss this deadline please contact us so we can try to extend it.