Hectic schedules can also lead to increased stress levels, so it’s important to alleviate stress whenever you can. Too much stress can lead to the following health issues: insomnia, anxiety or depression, low morale, short temper, headaches, stomach aches, back problems. Use the following tips to help alleviate stress as it comes your way.
Tips to Reduce Stress
- Plan your day and prioritise your tasks. Before beginning to panic about the long list of things you want to get done, set realistic goals for the day and deadlines for when you want the tasks completed. Do not rush and always have a backup plan in case you run into an obstacle along the way.
- Focus on things you can control. Break large tasks into smaller, more manageable ones instead of trying to tackle a large project all at once.
- Take steps slowly. Before acting, think about the end result that you desire so you do not have to waste energy.
- Use all available resources. Seek out resources to help you get things done, such as a willing spouse, knowledge relative, trustworthy friend or hardworking co-worker.
- Take short breaks. When you start to feel anxious, take a break. Have a glass of water, read a chapter in a book or watch the news. This will get your mind off the task for a few moments and allow you to feel a bit more refreshed.
If the stressors in your life become more than you can bear or manage with these simple techniques, consider seeking professional assistance. A knowledgeable professional will be able to work with you to devise time management skills and stress-reduction techniques.