At TH March we’ve been inspired by the BBC programme ‘War on Plastic’ with Anita Rani and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. So much so, that we have decided to buy reusable metal water bottles for distribution to all staff within the company. This forms part of our company’s ‘well being’ initiative to promote healthy living. Drinking plenty of water is very much central to that!
We hope that, as a conservative estimate:
- Our 115 TH March employees
- Drinking approximately 2 bottles of water per working day (261 working days in the year)
- Would add up to 60,030 bottles per year!
- If we then deduct holiday time…
- We could say that a realistic figure would be that we could avoid at least 50,000 single-use plastic bottles just with this one small initiative!
Today staff at TH March offices across the UK; in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Sevenoaks, London and Yelverton in Devon will be receiving their water bottles and we are all hoping that other companies will like the idea and join in our war on plastic!