The average person has no shortage of potential sources of stress. Whether it comes from work, a personal issue, financial struggles or family life, there are many ways that stress can manifest and impose itself.
If you find yourself struggling with stress, consider these five coping methods:
- Exercise—Physical activity can help you take your mind off of stress and causes chemical changes in your brain, which can help improve your mood.
- Take control—When you are struggling with a problem, remaining passive is often not a productive approach. Do your best to take control of the situation that is causing you stress.
- Help others—Volunteering or otherwise lending a hand to others in need of assistance can improve your mood and may help you become more resilient.
- Take time for yourself—Employees in the UK work the longest hours in Europe. As such, it is important that you regularly set aside time for relaxation and leisure during which you do not work overtime.
- Form connections—Family, friends and colleagues can all provide words of comfort, advice and alternative perspectives to problems that may be stressing you out. Spending time with others and having fun is also an excellent way to relieve stress.
This blog is intended for informational purposes only and is not intended to be exhaustive, nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as professional advice. Readers should contact a health professional for appropriate advice. Content by Zywave, Inc. provided by TH March.