Travel insurance provides extra protection for trips that may not go as planned. Whether that involves missing baggage or a sudden medical emergency, purchasing travel insurance can save you thousands of pounds. It is recommended to take out an insurance policy as soon as possible after booking your trip to make sure you’re covered.
Travel insurance can protect you against the following:
- Cancellation or shortening of a trip
- Missed or delayed transport for reasons beyond your control
- Lost, stolen or damaged items, including baggage, passports and money
- Medical and other emergencies
- Personal injury and death
- Accidental damage or injuries caused by you
Without travel insurance, you will have to pay out of pocket for any additional expenses. You may also lose money if you have to cancel a trip.
Travel insurance can be purchased through:
- Insurance brokers
- Retailers and supermarkets
- Travel agents
- Online comparison websites
- Holiday companies
When travelling, make sure you keep the details of your insurance policy with you, including your policy number and the emergency assistance telephone number provided. Give a copy of your policy details to the people you’re travelling with as well as friends or family back home.
Content by Zywave, Inc. Provided by TH March.