When planning one of the happiest days of your life, wedding insurance may be one of the last things you’ll think about.
However, the average wedding costs around £30,000. As such, to secure your investment, it is important to have financial cover in case anything goes wrong. By purchasing wedding insurance, you may be protected from financial losses resulting from cancellations, accidents, illnesses, venue or supplier failure, or similar incidents. Today, most wedding insurance covers:
- Venue cancellations
- Supplier issues
- Cancellation due to immediate family or other important parties not being able as a result of death or illness
- Lost, stolen or damaged cake, rings or gifts
- Issues with wedding photos or videos (e.g., the vendor does not send them)
- Public liability cover and legal expenses
- Weather disruptions
- Miscellaneous other expenses, such as marquees and ceremonial swords protection
In addition, many wedding insurance providers offer overseas wedding insurance with additional protection for passports, birth certificates and visas.
Costs may vary amongst providers but typically can arrange cover from as little as £25 for wedding insurance. Shop around and you’ll notice many providers have different levels of cover for different prices. Most wedding insurance can be purchased up to two years in advance of the wedding date. It is recommended to get covered once you start paying deposits and making arrangements.
Content by Zywave, Inc. Provided by TH March.