As the UK continues to return to the way of life before the coronavirus pandemic, one aspect of regular routines that may come back is commuting to and from work. The ongoing cost of daily commutes can become expensive. Fortunately, there are ways to cut these costs and save money while still getting about.
You can save money on your daily commute by:
- Car sharing
- Riding a bike
- Buying a season ticket for public transportation
If it’s difficult to find an alternative form of transport to get to work and you have to use your own vehicle, here are a few suggestions you should consider to cut your fuel costs:
- Drive more efficiently by lowering your overall speed and changing gears earlier so you will burn less fuel.
- Try to avoid using air conditioning unless you have to, such as during the hottest summer months; it can burn a surprising amount of fuel.
- Arrange your schedule to avoid rush hour. By spending less time sitting in traffic, you can save on petrol.
- Check your tyre pressure. Under-inflated tyres can significantly increase your fuel consumption.
Content by Zywave, Inc. provided by TH March.