According to the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem), the average UK household spends around £1,254 a year on energy bills.
Households can take many different steps to help reduce energy bills, many of which can be completed in just a matter of minutes. Consider the following:
- Switch appliances to standby mode or turn them completely off when not in use.
- Turn down your thermostat. Lowering your thermostat by even just one degree can reduce heating bills by £80 a year.
- Reduce how much you use your washing machine.
- Spend less time in the shower.
- Research switching your energy supplier to find a better rate.
According to research by Energy Saving Trust and Citizens Advice, making even only one of these changes could help homes across the country save a total of £690 million each year.
Content by Zywave, Inc. provided by TH March.