Please introduce yourself and what office of THM you work at.
- I am Abi and I currently work in the national service centre in Yelverton.
What apprenticeship are you currently doing?
- I am currently undertaking a level 3 junior broker apprenticeship, which will also include my certificate of insurance.
What is working in the world of insurance like?
- Working in insurance is very interesting. Everyday is different and there is a lot of variety, especially in the home insurance department. There are a lot of regulations and conditions that you need to be aware of so the job and working in insurance is also very academically challenging and you never stop learning.
What tasks do you normally do in a day or week at TH March?
- Day to day tasks include taking calls from clients and actioning any tasks that may come in, such as adding items, renewing policies, revising renewals and changing addresses. We also provide new business quotations, which involves approaching multiple markets for a quote on behalf of the client, and then presenting the most suitable option to the client.
Do you think the apprenticeship route is a good way to learn more about the world of work and guide you?
- I would definitely recommend an apprenticeship to anyone who is not sure of their next steps. I have already completed one apprenticeship with TH March and I am now undertaking my second. Both of them have helped me develop my career so much further. I have learnt so much about the workplace and what I enjoy doing, and also what I don’t enjoy so much. This has given me a much clearer vision of where I want to be in the future, and it has been great to earn a salary whilst doing so.