Commercial Insurance Policyholders
As your insurance brokers, part of our service to you is to offer advice on risk management and security as well as your insurance policy cover. We’ve created online support and signposts to frequently asked questions which we think will be of help.
Re-starting your business
Allianz – A number of resources to assist in forward planning and managing operations, including sector specific videos & PDF guides for:
Aviva – Restarting Construction Projects – Restarting Construction Projects after Extended Shutdown or Mothballing – LPS
RSA – Restarting advice/checklist for site operations from Royal & Sun Alliance, including tips on machinery, equipment and storage
Building Reopening: Risk Management Guidance – Zurich provides a building reopening risk management guide to help customers consider the steps needed to safely re-open a building.
Zurich Workplace Guide – Planning for a return to the workplace
Zurich Driving Guidance – Planning for a return to driving
Zurich Podcast – Episode 4 – Construction: Construction project re-opening
Ordinarily you would need to advise insurers if your premises are going to remain unoccupied for more than 30 days. Most insurers have now accepted that this period will be at least 60-90 days, however in the main they are also asking that clients still follow their instructions for mitigating risks while properties are unoccupied. To assist, we have provided links to the various insurer’s statements regarding what to do to secure your unoccupied premises as well as their stance on when you need to advise them of your closure.
- MS Amlin
- Zurich They have also provided a PDF Fire protection and detection guidance and checklist for protection during building closures.
- Closed Premises Guidance – Market-leading risk managers/surveyors RiskSTOP have also produced a PDF guide for property owners & occupiers to protecting closed ‘mothballed’ premises
- Constructions sites: cessation of work – a PDF guide from Aviva relating to cessation of work on construction sites
- Mazars Webinar Q&A – Useful Q&A PDF on COVID-19 cashflow measures for you and your business, including HR issues and employment situations
- Organisational resilience – Organisational resilience guidance on pandemic planning PDF
- Managing additional home working exposure – Zurich’s PDF guide to managing additional home working exposure
- Michelmores LLP – Articles and legal advice to support business during COVID-19
- Business Continuity Plan – COVID-19 Checklist
- Late filing of accounts – If your accounts will be late because your company is affected by COVID-19, and your filing deadline has not yet passed, you can apply for a 3 month extension.
Vehicle and MOT Advice
- GOV.uk: MOTs due from 30 March 2020 – informs you about the extension of MOT expiry dates because of coronavirus COVID-19
Government-backed Support Measures
- CIBLS: Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – available to SMEs with turnover of up to £45m and now open for applications
- CCCF: Covid Corporate Financing Facility – aimed at large corporates, raising short term financing through the Bank of England
- PwC Guide to Government-supported financing, tax and liquidity options – a detailed PDF on all the current finance, tax and liquidity options
If you have any queries about any points on this page or wish to query any aspects of your insurance cover including what security conditions you have on your policy, please contact your usual dedicated account manager at TH March. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01822 855555.