Jewellers – Protecting your physical store during COVID-19
The jewellery community is facing further business challenges in response to the impact of the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. We understand the difficulty in closing physical stores and temporarily closing your business, but it’s important to consider and ensure your premises are remaining protected while you are not there.
Cyber liability advice
Criminals increase scamming activity during COVID-19 – Our IT security team have been reminding all our staff on how to be extra vigilant in terms of business and personal scenarios. We recommend you do the same.
Axa Insurance: Reality bytes: The real-world effects of cyber liability – You don’t need to be a major multinational corporation to be victim of a cyber attack, as Axa Insurance explains in detail
CFC Client advisory: Cybercriminals exploiting Coronavirus – Public concern and working-from-home mandates are providing opportunities for cybercriminals
Support from our trade associations
Leading jewellery industry organisations and membership bodies have united to form the Jeweller Support Network, designed to assist independent and family-owned retailers, designer-makers and jewellery trade professionals struggling with the ramifications of COVID-19.
The Goldsmith’s Company reveals plans for Covid-19 fund– News of The Goldsmith’s Company planning to launch a Covid-19 fund, designed to support those in the trade who are facing hard times as a result of the current pandemic.
Questions about your insurance cover and COVID19
NAJ Webinar – COVID-19 General Insurance Guidance Webinar presented by TH March CEO, Neil McFarlane
COVID-19 General Insurance Guidance PDF – Download Coronavirus COVID-19 General Insurance Guidance PDF
- Mazars Webinar Q&A – Useful Q&A PDF on COVID-19 cashflow measures for you and your business, including HR issues and employment situations
- Organisational resilience – Organisational resilience guidance on pandemic planning PDF
- Managing additional home working exposure – Zurich’s PDF guide to managing additional home working exposure
- Michelmores LLP – Articles and legal advice to support business during COVID-19
- Business Continuity Plan – COVID-19 Checklist
- Late filing of accounts – If your accounts will be late because your company is affected by COVID-19, and your filing deadline has not yet passed, you can apply for a 3 month extension.
Vehicle and MOT Advice
- GOV.uk: MOTs due from 30 March 2020 – informs you about the extension of MOT expiry dates because of coronavirus COVID-19
Government-backed Support Measures
- CIBLS: Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – available to SMEs with turnover of up to £45m and now open for applications
- CCCF: Covid Corporate Financing Facility – aimed at large corporates, raising short term financing through the Bank of England
- PwC Guide to Government-supported financing, tax and liquidity options – a detailed PDF on all the current finance, tax and liquidity options
If you have any queries about any points on this page or wish to query any aspects of your insurance cover including what security conditions you have on your policy, please contact your usual dedicated account manager at TH March. You can find our contact details here or alternatively call us on 01822 855555.
Need Legal, Financial or Business Advice? We have put together a page of useful links here.