Claims during Coronavirus COVID-19
Key contact details and guidance:
- Claims: Personal and Commercial (other than Jewellers’ Block commercial jewellery claims or where you purchased insurance at the point of sale in the shop) – email@example.com or call 01822 668000 or 01822 855555
- Claims: (Jewellers’ Block commercial jewellery) – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01822 855555
- Claims: (March Guard, Beaverbrooks Jewellery Insurance, Timepiece & Jewellery Care, Assured Cover) – If you had an insurance certificate issued to you at the point of sale by a retail jeweller, please e-mail email@example.com or call 01822 669000
Our claims lines will be working normally and the team are here for you during our regular office hours (9am to 5pm excluding bank holidays) via the key contact details above.
For new March Plus personal jewellery and watch claims, Homecover and Homecover Elite claims, you can also complete a claim form here and submit it to us. For other claims queries and new claim notifications, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you suffer an emergency, if you have a home or commercial insurance policy with us, check your policy as this may have emergency telephone numbers to cover certain situations. Please note, however, that it is likely everyone will be experiencing problems with fewer staff in the insurer’s emergency assistance teams available to take calls and arrange for tradesmen to visit.
For anything else, should you suffer a loss or damage, please ensure that you take any necessary temporary steps to make your property secure and to prevent any further loss or damage occurring. Policies normally stipulate that any accidental losses away from the home or any theft should be reported to the police immediately.
Whilst we can offer no guarantees about what an insurer will pay for, we will always ask an insurer to consider paying the cost of any reasonable steps that have been taken to prevent further damage occurring that would normally be expected to be covered by your policy. This will not normally extend to any improvements you may make.
For example, if you experience a burst pipe, if appropriate and possible, turn off the water supply to your home or business and call a plumber to stop any leak. Some work carried out by a plumber may be covered by your policy depending on the type of policy you have but, generally, the cost of repairing a leak is not. If there is chance of further damage occurring if prompt action is not taken; for example, water damaged goods/possessions getting worse if they are left wet, please seek advice from a professional drying company about appropriate steps that may need to be taken. Again, there may be some reduction in normal service levels from these types of companies whilst the COVID-19 restrictions are ongoing.
In some cases, a permanent repair may be easier and more cost-effective than a temporary repair followed by a permanent repair.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Home: If you have your home insured with us and you need to talk to someone when we are not here, you also have access to a range of services designed to help you obtain emergency assistance in the event of loss or damage to your home, its contents or if you need legal advice.
- Jewellers’ Block: As a TH March Jewellers’ Block Commercial Insurance policyholder, you have access to a range of services which are there to help you obtain emergency assistance in the event of damage to your premises or in situations where you need legal advice or stress counselling.