Upload and submit your valuation
The March Plus Personal Jewellery & Watch Insurance policy is extremely popular and from time to time we experience high levels of demand.
At this time we are dealing with extremely high volumes of correspondence and it may take us longer to reply to you than we would normally like. Please be reassured that your cover will not be adversely affected in any way and you will receive an acknowledgement of your valuation in due course.
Also, there are occasions where we may wish to discuss the details of your valuation further with you, we appreciate your patience.
Important points to note regarding our valuation requirement:
- We will need a full copy of a UK jewellery/watch valuation, not more than 3 years old, from a jeweller or independent valuer for each item valued at £1,000 or over, showing a full description of the item(s) and replacement value(s) within 30 days of the start of the insurance.
- All valuations must show the name and address of the jeweller or independent valuer AND the name of you or the wearer to support proof of ownership. The valuation must also be signed and dated by your jeweller or independent valuer.
- For watches, in addition to the full copy of the UK valuation not more than 3 years old, you must also send a copy of the original purchase receipt and pictures of the watch, watch box and warranty card. Watch valuations must include the make, model and serial number of the item. The valuation must show the new replacement value (NRV) of the watch if it was purchased new, or the second-hand replacement value (SHRV) of the watch if it was purchased second-hand/pre-owned.
- In the event of a claim occurring prior to the supply of a satisfactory valuation, you will need to support your claim with proof of ownership and evidence of value. Additional information may also be needed.
- Once the required documentation has been received and accepted, this means that the expected replacement cost of your jewellery/watches is known, and this will help simplify the settlement of any claim.
- If a supporting valuation for any item over £1,000 is not received by us within 30 days of the start of the insurance, the insurance on that item will cease and a pro-rata premium will be charged for the time insurance has been in place, subject to insurers retaining a minimum premium of £50 plus Insurance Premium Tax.